ELECTRONICS AND SOFTWARE ENGINEERING DESIGN LEADER
Reporting to the Product Engineering Manager (PEM), the Electronics and Software Engineering Design Leader (ESEDL) leads the Electronics/Electrical and Software development for our products. The ESEDL is accountable for all outcomes from his/her team.
- Leads and manages a team of electronics designers and software developers in achieving new product design deliverables on time and within budget.
- Participates extensively in the design of electronics and software systems as a Design Engineer/Technologist.
- Participates in developing technology strategies to suit our customer needs, taking a lead in areas of electronics and software selection and determination of system architecture.
- Ensures compliance to applicable regulations for all designs generated from his/her team.
- Develop, document, and implement design procedures/guidelines.
- Define testing protocols, develop test plans, lead the execution of tests in conjunction with other team members, analyze results, and drive product improvement.
- Own the transfer of product information through the Technical Publications team for development and maintenance of technical publications (operations manuals, parts catalogs, etc).
- Lead communication on electronics and software systems with hydraulics and mechanical systems designers.
- Work with the PEM to identify resource requirements needed to meet deliverables.
- Support and participate in the Ci process, always striving to continuously improve our processes.
- Graduate of an accredited Engineering or Technology program in Electrical/Electronics/Software or related field.
- 10 years of experience in a combination of product design and technical leadership positions.
- Eligibility for APEGM or CTTAM registration.
- Farm background is an asset.
Harvest yourself a better career. For complete job description and to apply for this position, visit our website at www.macdon.com/careers