Growing leader in Animal Nutrition is hiring
SALES & PURCHASING COORDINATOR
Nutreco Canada o ers world-class animal nutrition feeding programs and branded pet food products to its customers and is Canada’s largest Animal Nutrition company supported by leading, trusted brands Shur-Gain (Eastern Canada & US) and Landmark Feeds (Western Canada). Our parent company, Nutreco, is a global leader in the animal nutrition business. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Nutreco employs more than 10,000 people in 30 countries, with sales in 80 countries.
Reporting to the Purchasing & Premix Business Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for the day to day operations of the purchasing & inventory functions at Landmark Nutrition as well as servicing our external customer requirements as they
relate to the processing and delivery of products.
- Input feed orders into the system and update with the latest changes.
- Coordinates with production for scheduling of customer orders.
- Update and maintain customer files.
- Maintain customer ingredient & premix price lists.
- Interacts with customers and presents feed products for the purpose of making a sale.
- Coordinates specific internal ingredient deliveries.
- Performs required period end reconciliation duties.
- Recommends best purchasing and logistics strategies for Landmark Nutrition.
- Provides direct support to Purchasing Manager and support staff .
- Generates purchase orders and coordinates deliveries.
- Investigates discrepancies between Bills of Lading and Vendor Invoices.
- Reviews inventory count sheets, variances and reconciles data.
- Plans and attends ingredient purchasing and inventory-related meetings.
The candidate must have:
- An undergraduate degree or Diploma in Business Administration, Agriculture or equivalent.
- A strong commitment to customer service, complemented by a minimum of 2 years previous experience in purchasing (preferred).
- Strong attention to detail is mandatory along with excellent communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines.
- Well-developed computer skills (Microsoft Office programs), Database Management and a strong mathematical aptitude.
The successful candidate will be results-oriented, thrive in a fast paced, demanding environment, and have the ability to develop positive working relations with associates and employees.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the careers section of our website at www.nutrecocanada.com and submit an application by Friday, February 1st, 2013. No calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nutreco Canada; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualied individuals, including women, Aboriginal peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Nutreco Canada is an equal opportunity employer.