Nutreco Canada o ers world-class animal nutrition feeding programs and products to its customers and is Canada’s largest Animal Nutrition company supported by leading, trusted brands Shur-Gain (Eastern Canada & US) and Landmark Feeds (Western Canada). Our parent company, Nutreco, is a global leader in the animal nutrition business. Headquartered in the Netherlands, Nutreco employs more than 10,000 people in 30 countries, with sales in 80 countries.
Reporting to the General Manager, West Feed, the incumbent will be responsible for managing all financial functions. This includes preparing budget information, conducting nancial analysis and preparing financial reports.
- Provide finance support and guidance to the region’s General Manager.
- Manage the regional fi nancial reporting function, including adherence to all Nutreco timelines
- and deliverables.
- Act as a business partner to the General Manager and the Senior Management Team.
- Provide guidance to the region on all accounting and reporting matters.
- Prepare and analyze all regional financial reports including Management Control Reports, Vital Signs and Internal Management Reports.
- Manage the regional fi nance staff including training and performance assessments.
- Ensure compliance with all Nutreco fi nancial policies and operating procedures.
- Manage local forecasting, budgeting and long-term planning cycles.
- Review and provide input into all capital spending proposals.
- Oversee IS/IT projects across the Region.
- Document and maintain standard operating procedures in collaboration with Nutreco Canada
- Corporate office.
- Act as the primary contact for all internal and external auditors.
Preferred hiring criteria:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in Business or Accounting.
- Professional accounting designation (CA, CMA, CGA).
- Highly analytical with an aptitude for dealing with a multitude of complex variables (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Highly service focused; hands-on style and approach.
- High energy, responsive, fl exible, embraces and drives change.
- Good judgment and superior communication skills.
- Ten years of fi nancial accounting experience, including fi ve years of management experience.
- Excellent computer skills and experience working in an ERP environment.
- Experience in ERP implementation project management.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit the careers section of our website at www.nutrecocanada.com and submit an application by Friday, February 8th, 2013. No calls please.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Nutreco Canada; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. We
are committed to employment equity and we encourage applications from qualied individuals, including women, Aboriginal
peoples, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities.
Nutreco Canada is an equal opportunity employer.