Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a multi-national specialty pharmaceutical company focused on developing prescription and non-prescription pharmaceutical products designed to make a meaningful difference in patients' lives.
Reporting to the Manager, Manufacturing, you will be responsible for providing supervision to all manufacturing employees ensuring productivity while maintaining compliance. Key responsibilities include:
- Provide guidance, coaching and support to the Manufacturing employees
- Implement appropriate continuous improvement opportunities and cost reduction activities.
- Assist in the development and planning of all long term production/packaging processes and schedules.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to manufacturing employees to ensure the effective and timely troubleshooting of processes and equipment.
- Develop and author production/packaging procedures and practices to ensure implementation and compliance of departmental standards and requirements.
- Provide job specific training to all manufacturing employees, verify training records are up-to-date/accurate and compliant with cGMP and safety regulations.
- Assist with real time batch record review.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor of Science or related studies and/or equivalent combination of education and experience. Considerations will be made for Manufacturing Supervisors who do not currently hold a degree but are committed to continuous learning and ongoing development. Minimum of three years experience in a pharmaceutical manufacturing environment including one year supervisory experience is required.
Shift work is required.
We offer a challenging, team-oriented work environment, competitive compensation and benefits as well as opportunities for professional growth and development.
Valeant is an equal opportunity employer. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.