CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION # 517
The Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) provides centralized, essential services in five key program areas that relate to the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated child and family services in the City of Winnipeg. The five program areas encompass crisis response services, intake case services, abuse investigations, community programs and emergency placements.
ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. The ANCR office is accessible on 24 hours a day/7 days per week basis, with a common telephone intake service, taking calls 24 hours a day, seven days a week. ANCR handles both emergency and non-emergency calls, where fully qualified staff makes the initial assessments and, depending on the situation either deal with the call directly, or refer callers to appropriate services.
POSITION: Receptionist – Term Full Time
SALARY: $17.15- $19.45 per hour
CLOSING DATE: February 11, 2013
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO ABORIGINAL CANDIDATES
- The successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience in a secretarial position.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to contribute to a positive team environment.
- Proficiency with switchboard or multiline phone systems
- Accurate typing skill at 50 w.p.m.
- Data entry experience (CFSIS and Intake Module would be an asset).
- Awareness and understanding of First nations, Métis and multi-cultural traditions and practices.
- Applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, prior contact and Abuse Registry checks.
- The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, planning and organizing, safety awareness and conflict management.
Reporting to the Senior Administrative Assistant, the incumbent is responsible for ensuring that administrative and reception duties are met effectively and efficiently; screens and transfers telephone and walk-in contacts; maintains staff attendance board.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0N6,
FAX: 944-4182 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.