Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is a local industry leader producing and distributing quality fertilizer products since 1967. As part of one of the world’s most successful private companies, we strive to create real, sustainable value for our customers, people, communities and company. We are committed to hiring people with the right virtue and talent, developing their skills and rewarding them for the value they create.
Reports to: Production Leader
- Oversee the performance, training and safe conduct of a crew of approximately 20 to 25 hourly employees
- Provide strong leadership to meet safety requirements, promote environmental stewardship, maintain equipment integrity, and achieve operational excellence
- Ensure prompt, efficient and adequate service to the department through daily meetings, authorizing all work orders, prioritizing and scheduling maintenance work
- Maintain cost control by authorizing justified work orders
- Maintain plant’s operations according to set standards; maintain established efficiencies, productivity, product inventories, and production rates
- Respond to and troubleshoot emergency operating and process problems; maintain operator training manuals for each area
- Ensure a high standard of safety by conducting daily walk-arounds, actioning items on outstanding safety lists, and by fulfilling STOP requirements
- At least seven (7) years of experience in process operations with at least five (5) years of experience in a management/supervisory position in a unionized setting
- 2nd Class Power Engineering Certificate preferred, but equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered (minimum High School Diploma)
- Emergency Response, First Aid and Industrial Fire Fighting are considered assets
- Available for day shifts and 12-hour rotating shifts as required
- Work is frequently performed near moving mechanical parts
- Occasional work in high, precarious places; outside work in all weather conditions
- Occasional exposure to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals with appropriate PPE
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC offers a full extended benefit package including health and dental coverage, pension and subsidized investment options in an environment that is committed to success!
If you are ready to step into an exciting position with Koch, please forward your resume by
Click Job Search tab, then Experienced Roles, Canadian Jobs
Choose Canada, Manitoba, Brandon under Location
Koch Fertilizer Canada, ULC is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all qualified candidates to apply. Respectfully, we can only acknowledge those under consideration.