CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION # 518
The Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) provides centralized, essential services in five key program areas that relate to the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated child and family services in the City of Winnipeg. The five program areas encompass crisis response services, intake case services, abuse investigations, community programs and emergency placements.
ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. The ANCR office is accessible 24 hours a day/7 days per week, with a common telephone intake service. ANCR handles both emergency and non-emergency calls, where fully qualified staff performs the initial assessments and, depending on the situation, either deal with the call directly, or refer callers to appropriate services.
POSITION: Abuse Investigator – Full Time – 2 Term positions
SALARY: $26.68 – $36.99 per hour
CLOSING DATE: February 18, 2013
PREFERENCE WILL BE GIVEN TO ABORIGINAL CANDIDATES
- Bachelor of Social Work degree and two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years previous experience in a Child and Family Services work environment.
- Previous experience conducting Abuse Investigations is desirable.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in areas of crisis intervention and assessing high risk situations is required. Knowledge and experience working in a cross-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team environment and with Collateral Agencies is a must.
- Ability to establish priorities and work effectively in a high volume and time sensitive environment.
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and 2 million dollar liability coverage.
- Applicants will be subject to a satisfactory criminal records check, child abuse registry check and Prior Contact Check.
- The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
Reporting to the Supervisor of the Abuse Investigations Program, the Abuse Investigation Worker is responsible for screening and assessing referrals to the abuse investigation Program, investigating abuse allegations, providing crisis intervention, completing the required written documentation and providing other services under the mandate of the Child and Family Services Act and the Child and Family Services Authorities Act.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0N6,
FAX: 944-4601 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.