McCain Foods Limited is a Canadian-owned frozen food processor recognized for innovation, quality and efficiency. The McCain Group of companies has more than 20,000 employees worldwide and more than 55 food plants on six continents.
McCain Foods (Canada) has an immediate opening for an Industrial Millwright at its potato processing facility in Portage la Prairie, Manitoba. Under the direction of the Maintenance Superintendent, the successful applicant will assume duties and responsibilities of a Millwright, directed to the goal of improving equipment reliability and operational efficiency.
- Work under the direction of and reports to the Maintenance Superintendent and Crew Leader.
- Make up and complete computerized work orders as required.
- Control material usage and wastage.
- Ensure the proper use of tools and equipment for each job assignment.
- Perform routine preventative and emergency maintenance on plant equipment.
- Accurately relate/maintain all required documentation.
- Perform all duties in a safe, accurate and efficient manner.
- Housekeeping of work area to established standards.
- Provide help to the Engineering Department as required.
- Red Seal Journeyman Certification is preferred, a combination of experience and education will be considered.
- Ability to work on a rotating shift basis.
- Physically capable of performing all required duties, i.e.
- o Climbing, kneeling, walking, etc.
- o Work in extreme temperatures, high humidity and dusty conditions.
- o Function in a noisy environment and wear hearing protection as required.
- o Work with all required safety equipment.
- Demonstrated mechanical, cutting and welding ability through the successful completion of practical testing (Plasma, Arc, MIG & TIG Welding).
- Demonstrated ability to read blueprints and draw skematics through the successful completion of a practical test.
Interested individuals may apply by February 28, 2013 directly to:
Bobbi Mawson-Pritchard, Human Resources Generalist
McCain is an equal opportunity employer. Only those considered for interviews will be contacted.