Join one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner.
We are seeking a career-minded individual to join our operations team as a Logistics Coordinator. The Logistics Coordinator is responsible for the operational execution of feed movements from the point of supply to our internal farm operations.
- Maintain and deliver customer records and schedules as required.
- Manage service inquiries relating to product, shipping and complaints.
- Coordinate new orders with stakeholders.
- Manage freight spent against budget targets.
- Responsible for all feed truck & trailer service and maintenance.
- Coordinate feed driver and truck maintenance schedule with feed delivery schedule.
- Administration and execution of the Logistics Health & Safety program; responsible for HACCP and Maple Leaf Foods Inc. bio-security protocol compliance.
- Responsible for controlling all operating costs associated.
- Recruitment and selection for functional area.
- Provide administrative and warehouse support where required.
- Post-secondary education in Logistics, or related discipline considered an asset.
- Class 1 drivers licence required with Tractor/Trailer experience.
- Two years of related experience in Logistics and/or Dispatch function.
- Knowledge and application of the Highway Traffic Act/Regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude as it relates to Highway Tractor/Trailers.
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate (written and oral) and work efficiently with all operations.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel and Database Management.
- SAP experience will be considered an asset.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership values.
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
Maple Leaf Agri-Farms, a division of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., offers opportunities for growth and advancement in an engaged environment while providing an enhanced benefit package and a competitive compensation structure. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé by May 20, 2013 to:
Evan Rodgers, Manager, Hog Logistics
P.O. Box 290, 246 Main Street, Landmark, MB R0A 0X0