Join one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner.
Transport Operation Specialist (#SW0030)
We are seeking a career-minded individual to join our operations team as a Transport Operation Specialist. The Transport Operation Specialist is responsible for the operational execution of feed movements from the point of supply to our internal farm operations.
- Providing strong leadership to trucking team.
- Manage freight spend against budget targets.
- Coordinate feed delivery schedule.
- Responsible for all feed truck & trailer service and maintenance.
- Manage service inquiries relating to product, shipping and complaints.
- Administration and execution of the Logistics Health & Safety program; responsible for HACCP and Maple Leaf Foods Inc. bio-security protocol compliance.
- Recruitment and selection for functional area.
- Provide administrative and warehouse support where required.
- Class 1 Drivers Licence required with Tractor/Trailer experience.
- Two years of related experience in Logistics and/or Dispatch function.
- Knowledge and application of the Highway Traffic Act/Regulations.
- Mechanical aptitude as it relates to Highway Tractor/Trailers.
- Strong analytical, organizational, problem solving and communication (written and verbal).
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel and Database Management.
- SAP experience will be considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership values.
- Post-secondary education in Logistics, or related discipline considered an asset.
Maple Leaf Agri-Farms, a division of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., offers opportunities for growth and advancement in an engaged environment while providing an enhanced benefit package and a competitive compensation structure. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé by July 5th, 2013 to:
Evan Rodgers, Manager, Hog Logistics
P.O. Box 290, 246 Main Street
Landmark, MB R0A 0X0