Location: Landmark, MB
Reporting to the Manager, Hog Logistics, the incumbent will be responsible for planning and coordinating hog movements and livestock truck scheduling for all MLAF Hog Operations.
Job duties & key accountabilities:
- Plan and execute hog movement schedules.
- Create and maintain truck & trailer work schedules.
- Maintain planning databases and SAP logistical information.
- Create/manage process orders for hog production.
- Create shipping documents and process transactions.
- Maintain working relationships with 3rd party transport vendors, processing plant customers, as well as internal customer relationships with Hog Production team.
- Assist with period end processes as required.
- Provide administrative support where required.
Note: The intent of this list of job duties & key accountabilities is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this job. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned.
- Post-secondary education in Logistics, Agriculture or related discipline.
- Preference is for formal CITT designation or equivalent formal training.
- Two years of related experience in logistics or a production planning role, preferably in an SAP environment.
- Strong understanding of work in process systems.
- Experience working in a livestock business considered an asset.
- Strong customer focus with interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate (written and oral) and work efficiently with all operations.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle several complex tasks simultaneously.
- Must possess excellent computer skills and knowledge of MS Excel and Database Management.
- SAP experience will be considered an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership values.
Please submit your résumé by July 16, 2013 to:
Evan Rodgers, Manager, Hog Logistics
P.O. Box 290, 246 Main Street, Landmark, MB R0A 0X0
We thank all interested applicants; however only those selected for interviews will be contacted.