Nygård International, Canada’s leading fashion company is seeking a qualified/motivated individual to join our e-Commerce Graphic Design Team in Winnipeg, Canada. If your career goal is to join a leading edge, global company that will provide great opportunities for career advancement, then search no further.
Web Graphic Designer
Working within the e-Commerce Graphic Design Team with the e-Commerce Business Unit. You will be given the opportunity to play a major role in the production of all NYGARD.com digital media.
As a Web Designer at NYGARD.com you will be helping to shape the overall look and feel of our website, and playing a vital role in the overall message we are conveying to our customers.
You will collaborate closely with senior designers, project managers, merchandisers and the copy team to produce site graphics, emails and other online advertising. You should have a passion for technology and a creative flare.
- Expert proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop
- Responsible for layout and consistent execution of graphics for online website
- Excellent creative, conceptual, and critical thinking abilities
- Solid understanding of web/mobile standards, trends, techniques, and best practices
- Solid understanding of intuitive site functionality, interaction, user interfaces, information architecture, and navigation
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- Ability to turn around outstanding work under tight deadlines in a high pressure environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and an attention to detail
- Must be able to work independently
- Assume higher responsibilities in the organization when and as required
- Desire to develop oneself, stay on top, and a hunger to innovate
- 5+ years web creative experience (with 2+ years related to e-commerce); preferably in fashion/retail or related industry
- High proficiency and comfort level using Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding of techniques used for on-line efforts including but not limited to Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications; including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate messages graphically in the fashion market
- Excellent problem solving and issue resolution skills
- Video editing skills an asset
Nygård International offers a competitive compensation package and provides significant opportunities for growth and career development. We thank all applicants for their interests but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Interested applicants are invited to submit a resume and some examples from your current portfolio to:
1771 Inkster Boulevard
Winnipeg, MB R2X 1R3
Fax: 204. 697.1254