CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION # 539
The Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) provides centralized, essential services in five key program areas that relate to the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated child and family services in the City of Winnipeg. The five program areas encompass crisis response services, intake case services, abuse investigations, community programs and emergency placements.
ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. The ANCR office is accessible 24 hours a day/7 days per week, with a common telephone intake service. ANCR handles both emergency and non-emergency calls, where fully qualified staff make the initial assessments and, depending on the situation, either deal with the call directly, or refer callers to appropriate services.
POSITION: Early Intervention Program - All Nations Family Resource Center
Social Worker - Permanent
SALARY: $51,917 - $71,983 per annum
CLOSING DATE: September 17, 2013
We seek diversity in our workplace, Aboriginal persons, women, visiable minorites and individuals with disabilities are enouraged to apply.
- A Bachelor of Social Work degree
- Two years related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two years previous experience in a Family Services Social Work position preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in establishing networks of support, navigating systemic resources (Education, Health, Employment and Income Assistance, or Social Service) and community resources and services.
- Demonstrated skills and working knowledge in areas of team work; strength based and primary focused case planning; risk assessment; and identifying and understanding the complexity of issues and barriers families face.
- Knowledge and understanding of Aboriginal, Métis and multi-cultural traditions, practices and issues.
- Must have a valid driver’s licence and the use of a vehicle.
- Applicants will be required to provide a clear criminal record, child abuse registry and Prior Contact checks
- Ability to speak fluently in French would be an asset
- The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
- Screens relevant resource materials, books, videos for library, programs or service delivery
- Delivers, facilitates or co-facilitates individual and group programs, using culturally appropriate methods in the delivery of programs
- Evaluates/revises and modifies program upon completion
- Conducts ongoing assessments of referrals forwarded for programs; and in consultation with Supervisor- high risk cases are referred to the protection stream of ANCR. However, in accordance to the Child and Family Services Act, ensure the safety of children and take emergency action where necessary
- Practices professional conduct, communication and behavior in the workplace as set forth in the Social Work Code of Ethics and agency policies
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening /selection process.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0N6,
FAX: 944-4182 or email: email@example.com
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.