Maple Leaf Agri-Farms is seeking individuals to join our team. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Killarney, MB
Reporting to the Senior Specialist, Manufacturing, the Specialist, Manufacturing will be accountable for all areas and activities of the finishing barn.
- Drives a strong culture for ensuring a safe work environment.
- Creates an environment where employees are motivated to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Leading by example to provide effective leadership, coaching and training to everyone under his or her direction.
- Works with the SSM to follow and implement new programs to meet and exceed MLAF production and financial targets.
- Be flexible, capable and willing to be “hands on” to perform any other technical or production-related task, as the circumstances require.
- Is committed to setting high standards for Food Safety and Animal Welfare.
- Is committed to Six Sigma and a culture of continuous improvement.
- Ensure the sites are kept in a good state of repair by implementing a routine maintenance program.
- Able to very efficiently handle all production administrative activities allowing for a high percentage of time that can be spent on the production floor impacting production and training.
- Be able to lead a team in quality gilt selections; record and provide accurate, timely data for data team and producers; and provide a quality replacement gilt for their herd.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a leadership role.
- Self-driven with excellent problem solving ability.
- Strong communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to use Microsoft Office software.
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
We offer a competitive compensation structure, including an enhanced benefit package, company pension plan, and provide opportunity for growth and advancement in an engaged environment.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please send (submit) a cover letter and résumé by September 13, 2013 to:
Wally Driedger, Senior Specialist, Manufacturing
P.O. Box 290, 246 Main Street
Landmark, MB R0A 0X0