Parrish & Heimbecker, Limited with its head office located in Winnipeg has been in the agriculture business for over 100 years. We have approximately 1400 employees across Canada and the Northern U.S. and operate a variety of subsidiary companies covering all aspects of the Agricultural field.
Lab Technician (Level I)
The successful applicant will be responsible to carry out the various tests and procedures required to accurately grade the quality and condition of grain samples for growers, Traders and P&H’s various facilities. This position will assist the Quality Control Manager with additional duties as assigned.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Testing the grade and quality of grain according to lab procedures and CGC standards.
• Preparing various samples for analysis and testing.
• Reporting/logging detailed results of tests and samples.
• Performing maintenance checks on equipment and log maintenance activity.
• Communicating with grain elevators on the performance of their sampling equipment.
• 1 - 2 years working with basic lab equipment.
• Education in agriculture, science and/or food science would be an asset.
• Knowledge and basic comprehension of lab terminology.
• Knowledge of basic testing procedures and equipment.
• Willingness to learn.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Ability to identify and solve quality issues.
Interested and qualified applicants should submit a résumé and cover letter by October 13, 2013
P&H is committed to building a skilled, diverse workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, it promotes employment equity and encourages candidates to indicate voluntarily on their application if they are a woman, an Aboriginal person, a person with a disability or a member of a visible minority group.