Occupational Health and Safety Specialist
Magellan Aerospace, Winnipeg, has an exciting career opportunity for an Occupational Health and Safety Specialist at its Rockwood Propellant Plant located at Stony Mountain, Manitoba. The incumbent will be responsible for the continued design, implementation, and administration of the safety and health program, including performing regular systems audits as well as developing, and delivering related training. The incumbent will also be responsible for maintaining the ERD explosive license and ensuring all explosive regulations are followed.
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of federal/provincial occupational safety and health legislation/regulations, applicable standards and guidelines, as well as federal explosive regulations.
- Knowledge of safe work practices including: WHMIS, chemical handling/storage, confined space entry, contractor safety, fall protection, hearing conservation (noise) and machine guarding.
- A post-secondary education and/or certification in Occupational Safety and Health and/or an equivalent amount of work experience.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Experience in handling and processing of explosives, propellants and pyrotechnics.
- Valid First Aid/CPR Certification will be considered an asset.
- Computer literate with strong communication, interpersonal and analytical skills.
Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter and résumé online before November 30, 2013.
In accordance with our employment equity goals, applications are particularly encouraged
from aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, visible minorities and women.
We thank all those applicants who apply.
However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.