The purpose of the Driver position is to provide support to the Operations department by efficiently picking up and delivering product as dictated by the Dispatcher. The Driver is required to work in outside weather conditions year round.
Operate a delivery van, or any other vehicle assigned, to pick up and or deliver hot shot orders to various customers and vendors in the city of Winnipeg, and the surrounding province.
- Holiday and emergency relief of Shunt Driver position
- Emergency Driver for stranded trucks.
- Operate shunt truck to shuttle trailers to and from the warehouse docks
- Ensure that trailer and refrigeration units are in proper working order/setting
- Other duties as assigned
Education & Experience
- Must possess a valid Class 1A driver’s license
- Map reading capabilities.
- General knowledge of mechanics and mathematics
- Working knowledge of trailers and reefers
- Superior communication skills, both oral and written
- Prior shunting experience preferred
- Ability to lift 100 lbs and use tools such as shovels and sledgehammers.
- Basic computer skills (MS Office: Access, Excel, and Word)
Closing Date: Saturday November 30, 2013
Interested applicants should forward a cover letter and résumé to:
1570 Clarence Ave, Winnipeg, MB R3T 1T6
We are committed to Employment Equity