CHILD AND FAMILY ALL NATIONS COORDINATED RESPONSE NETWORK
EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY - COMPETITION #559
The Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network (ANCR) provides centralized, essential services in five key program areas that relate to the delivery of comprehensive and coordinated child and family services in the City of Winnipeg. The five program areas encompass crisis response services, intake case services, abuse investigations, community programs and emergency placements.
ANCR is generally the first point of contact with the child and family services system. The ANCR office is accessible 24 hours a day/7 days per week, with a common telephone intake service. ANCR handles both emergency and non-emergency calls, where fully qualified staff makes the initial assessments and, depending on the situation, either deal with the call directly, or refer callers to appropriate services.
POSITION: Admin Assistant – Abuse – Permanent Full Time
SALARY: $38,110 to $ 43,557
CLOSING DATE: April 4th, 2014
Preference will be given to Aboriginal Candidates
- EDUCATION – Grade 12 plus a certificate in a 1 year Administrative Course, or a combination of relevant experience and education.
- The successful candidate must have at least 3 years experience in an administrative support.
- Experience in the areas of reception, processing mail, and filing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are required.
- Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with other support/professional staff and the public.
- Demonstrated ability to work under minimum supervision and in a team setting.
- Must possess strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to achieve quality results while handling multiple tasks and experience in adapting to a changing workplace is essential.
- Knowledge of department programs and experience with Intake Module/CFSIS would be an asset.
- Applicants will be subject to satisfactory criminal records, child abuse registry and prior contact checks.
- The core competencies for this position include: communication, cultural competence, customer/client focus, decision-making, collaboration, organizational ability, and stress tolerance.
- Types, edits, formats and transcribes reports, forms, correspondence, files, recordings, minutes, case planning notes and other material as assigned by the Unit Supervisor.
- Back up for Reception and maintains files in ANCR’s filling repository.
- Prepares daily and monthly Unit statistics.
- Receives, screens, assesses, transfers telephone calls and takes messages.
- Maintains attendance records, monitors, records, and relays information regarding staff whereabouts.
- Manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Coordinates meetings and meeting spaces, attends meeting as required and takes minutes at the direction of the Team Supervisor.
- Enters information on CFSIS and the Intake Module as required.
- Provides support to other administrative staff and coverage for the ANCR Receptionist in rotation with other administrative staff as needed.
All qualified internal candidates will be considered first. Testing may form a part of the screening /selection process. We seek diversity in our workplace.
Your cover letter and resume must clearly indicate how you meet the qualifications. Please submit your resume with cover letter and competition number to:
Child and Family All Nations Coordinated Response Network
835 Portage Ave, Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3G 0N6,
FAX: 944-4182 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.