Maple Leaf Agri-Farms is seeking individuals to join our team. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
Location: Landmark, MB
The Plant Manager is responsible for providing leadership and direct supervision to 5 Manitoba Feed Mills of the swine manufacturing business. This includes responsibility for ensuring compliance with all Financial Reporting, Costing and Control Policies, Health & Safety, Purchasing, and Human Resources. This position reports to the Director, Operations.
- Responsible for the safe, cost effective and efficient production of 5 feed mill operations.
- Monitors cost metrics for each feed mill to measure performance.
- Continually improves the reduction of operating costs using “Six Sigma” or “Continuous Improvement” methodology where appropriate.
- Responsible for preparing and executing the annual overhead budgets and annual capital expenditure budgets.
- Responsible for the development and execution of all feed mill capital projects.
- Develops, recommends and implements the maintenance improvement plan for 5 plants.
- Meets all weekly, monthly and annual reporting requirements.
- Develops and ensures compliance with standard operating procedures.
- Manage the performance of hourly and salaried operations personnel through effective implementation of Human Resources processes and policies.
- Accountable for all aspects of Quality Assurance/CFIA procedures.
- Applies knowledge and ensures compliance with CFIA, Health & Safety, Human Resources and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
- Ensures compliance with all MLF and MLAF policies and procedures.
**Note: The intent of this list of key accountabilities is to provide a representative summary of the major duties and responsibilities of this position. Incumbents perform other related duties assigned.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Equivalent combinations of education, experience and training will be considered.
- Post-secondary education in Business or Management with experience in Plant Manufacturing.
- Minimum 4-5 years’ experience in an operations management role including experience managing multiple locations and employees.
- Thorough understanding of feed production economics is an asset.
- Demonstrated leadership, superior communication and interpersonal skills, initiative, drive strong results orientation and capability within a multi-manufacturing environment.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with the proven ability to manage multiple priorities and lead the work of others.
- Readiness to travel as required.
- Ability to coach and mentor others both within and outside direct line of accountability.
- Excellent planning and organizational skills with proven ability to manage multiple priorities and lead the work of others.
- The successful candidate will have a previous “Six Sigma” or “Continuous Improvement” experience, with a proven track record of successfully participating in, and/or leading projects that deliver significant costs savings.
- Intermediate to proficient skills with Office tools such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
We offer a competitive compensation structure, including an enhanced benefit package, company pension plan, and provide opportunity for growth and advancement in an engaged environment.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit your résumé, indicating position of interest by May 9, 2014 to: