Maple Leaf Agri-Farms is seeking individuals to join our team. We are one of Canada’s industry-leading Agribusinesses providing long-term value, quality, research-based products, services and information in an environmentally responsible manner. As a member of Maple Leaf Foods Inc., we offer excellent opportunities for career-minded individuals.
BARN MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
Employment Type: Full Time
Location: Carman, MB
The Maintenance Technician (Pork Production) is responsible for carrying out day-to-day maintenance activities within the barn, as well as all aspects of swine production. This position requires the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to produce specific production goals.
- Responsible for general maintenance of the facility to include carpentry, welding and plumbing, and maintenance of on-site equipment.
- Responsible for assisting with all areas of swine production including the feeding and general care of pigs, maintaining herd health and environment for pigs.
- May also work with and assist with breeding and farrowing areas.
- Washing and preparing rooms for livestock.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EDUCATION:
- Non-ticket Carpentry, welding and plumbing and Swine production experience.
- Communication skills (oral and written).
- Ability to work under pressure and handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously.
- An ability to live and teach our Maple Leaf Leadership Values.
We offer a competitive compensation structure, including an enhanced benefit package, company pension plan, and provide opportunity for growth and advancement in an engaged environment.
Maple Leaf Foods Inc. is an equal opportunity employer that embraces diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from qualified women, men, visible minorities, aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. We welcome applications from all interested individuals; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit a cover letter and résumé by June 20th, 2014